Lightning cryptocurrency exchange
0x is a multifunctional protocol designed to facilitate the exchange of ERC-20 protocol currencies in the ETH system. The protocol allows you to establish connections between decentralized applications using available smart contracts with the ability to connect any DApps. Unit of account 0x — ZRX coin, which is an ERC-20 token.
0x smart contract
Do not send ZRX through a third party contract. Our exchanger only accepts transactions from the original ZRX contract.
To work with tokens, the wallet must have ETH. It is very difficult to calculate the exact amount of ETH to send a transaction. During periods of high load, it can change significantly. Each token can have a different transaction value. Therefore, it is better that the amount of ETH on the wallet is slightly higher than the average fee on the network at the moment. The average commission can be estimated using the Blockchair analytical service.
The system does not see the transaction, what should I do?
If you have sent funds, but there are no changes, check your transaction in an explorer (etherscan.io or blockchair.com) and make sure that the transaction was created.
If the transaction has already been added to the blockchain, and the system has not seen it, contact technical support, we will be able to help you promptly.
A brief history of the Lightning Network
The Bitcoin community has long been baffled by the scalability issue. The speed of transactions fell, and the network fees grew. In 2015 Thaddeus Dria and Joseph Poon proposed a solution called the Lightning Network. The idea was to carry out some of the transactions outside the network, thereby reducing the load on the BTC blockchain. In 2018, the Lightning Network was launched in Bitcoin.
The Lightning Network is a system that helps users move funds among themselves without having to use a blockchain to verify a transaction. Instead, there is a quick check of funds from the sender and a request from the recipient who agrees to the transaction.
Problems you may encounter while getting the Lightning Network
- If during the creation of an order when inserting an invoice, an error occurs about the absence of a path, this means that there is no created channel between our node and your wallet node. A channel is required to send and receive payments on the Lightning Network. If there is no open channel between our node and your wallet node, the payment will not be executed. It is recommended to try using a different wallet.
- If the order page indicates that the order was completed, but you did not receive the funds, then the reason for this may be:
- Disconnected intermediate node. If one of the intermediate nodes is offline, the transaction may be delayed.
- Insufficient amount of deposits on intermediate channels. Intermediate nodes cannot forward the payment due to lack of coins.
- The invoice is out of date. Each invoice has a validity period. Of this term has expired, the payment will not work.
If your order is completed, but you have not received the funds, please contact technical support. We can help you quickly.
Lightning Network Speed
Since transactions on the Lightning Network do not end up on the blockchain, they are almost instantaneous. But if one of the intermediate nodes is off the network, the transaction may be delayed.
exchange in 3 easy steps
- Enter the desired amount of 0x (ERC20) and write your wallet address to receive currency.
- Click the “Exchange now” button and you will be taken inside your order.
- Send 0x (ERC20) to the address from your order, after the required network confirmation, Bitcoin (Lightning) will be sent instantly.